The Minnesota RollerGirls hold open tryouts for skaters 18+ once a year in the spring. Get on the Minnesota RollerGirls recruits message board for the most up to date information. On this message board, you'll get information from current league members on training tips, gear selection and maintenance, and ideas for preparing for tryouts. You'll also be able to connect with other recruits, plan outings and events with each other, and get timely information about clinics and tryouts.
Contact email@example.com to be added to the recruits message board or for more information on tryouts.
SKATING CLINICSStarting in January and running through tryouts, the Minnesota RollerGirls host tryout preparatory clinics. At these clinics you'll learn off and on skate drills and activities that will help your body prepare for tryouts, build the necessary strength to be safe and stable on your skates, and help you build the endurance that will push you through to the end.
The clinics are completely optional; attending a clinic is not a necessary step for trying out. But if you're a bit rusty on your skates, want to have an edge at tryouts, or just want to see what it's like to attend a practice, the clinics are a great option. Attendance is capped at 35-45 participants for each clinic.
Requirements/What to Bring:
- Must sign up for the Minnesota RollerGirls recruits message board and register for each clinic in advance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed up.
- Must have personal insurance and bring a copy of your insurance card for our files (first clinic only).
- Must be 18 to be eligible to try out and bring a copy of your ID for our files (first clinic only).
- Must sign waivers/paperwork available here.
- Must have quad skates and all safety gear (helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, mouth guard), no exceptions.
- Must bring athletic shoes for dryland workout.
- Half an hour of on or off skate strength and agility training.
- One hour of on-skate drills and endurance skating.
- Half an hour of cooldown, core, and stretching.
TRANSFERSThe Minnesota RollerGirls welcome skaters from other leagues provided that they meet a few conditions. This is a distilled version of our full transfer skater policy; for full details, please fill out our Transfer Inquiry Form.
During the Minnesota RollerGirls active season, transfer skaters may apply for transfer at any time and, if they meet the requirements listed below, may be voted onto the league at any time. The exception is if the transfer is requested between one month prior to our last home bout and the tryout date (both of which change each year). In this case, it will be up to the Department of Training to determine if the transfer skater should be required to attend tryouts, bootcamp, and/or be included in the annual draft.
- Letter of recommendation from captain, head ref, or coach that exhibits good standing with their previous league. (If you are unable to obtain this documentation, please email email@example.com as your transfer request may still be considered.)
- Must have been an active member of a league (need not be a WFTDA league) within the last 6 months for at least 6 months.
- Must resign from their former league before being considered for transfer.
- Must pass the WFTDA skills test and rules test.
- Can only be admitted to the league if there are openings on team rosters as defined by captain discretion.
- Must meet practice requirements for four weeks prior to the first bout once drafted to a team.
- Must skate a trial period of eight practices over three months (at least once with each home team).
- The league must officially vote in the transfer skater.